The Student Achievement Guided by Experience (SAGE) Scholars Program was founded in 1999 by the University of California Office of the President to strengthen the pipeline of talented and diverse students entering the workforce and to support them during their undergraduate careers. The SAGE Scholars Program provides undergraduates who have significant financial need with the tools to invest in their future through leadership training, career and graduate school planning, and access to internship and scholarship opportunities. SAGE Scholars participants benefit in the following ways:
- Specialized classes to enhance their academic, leadership, and professional skills.
- Leadership development through student-led community service projects.
- Relevant work experience through internships in the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- One-on-one advising addressing issues such as the job search process, interviewing skills, preparation for the graduate school application process and personal statement revisions.
- Networking opportunities with SAGE alumni employed in various industries and who have attended top graduate and professional schools in a variety of fields.